Learn to Crochet at Casa Belvedere!
An eight-week program for adults and teens 13+.
Mondays, April 17 to June 19 (no class on May 1 and Memorial Day)
7 to 8:30 pm
$210 members, $240 non-members
This class is recommended for Beginners or those with some basic knowledge of crochet.
Today is the day you learn how to crochet and discover a relaxing hobby you’ll enjoy for life! You’ll love how portable crochet is — it’s perfect for always having a project with you on the go. And the best part, if you can hold a pencil, you can crochet.
You will learn how to comfortably hold a crochet hook and the yarn. You will learn the basic crochet stitches: chain stitch, slip stitch, single crochet, half double and double crochet. As you progress, we may get into the shell stitch as well as the treble crochet.
Lesson 1: CHAIN STITCH: Using the small hook (B or C) and cotton thread, you will learn the chain stitch, then you will string beads and create a necklace or bracelet.
Materials Needed for Lesson 1:
- Size B or C crochet hook (metal recommended),
- 1 Ball of Aunt Lynda’s Classic Cotton Thread (lighter colors recommended – no black)
- big eye needle
- beads with a large hole
Lesson 2: SLIP STITCH: Using the cotton thread and a piece of fabric, we will make a coaster using the slip stitch and the chain stitch. We will also learn the picot stitch.
Materials Needed for Lesson 2:
- Size B or C crochet hook (metal recommended), scissors,
- 1 Ball of Aunt Lynda’s Classic Cotton Thread (lighter colors recommended-no black),
- Square of sturdy fabric or felt (supplied by teacher)
Lesson 3: SINGLE CROCHET: Using the yarn, we will make a swatch of single crochet.
Materials Needed for Lesson 3:
- Size H or I Crochet hook,
- 1 skein worsted weight yarn (your choice).
Lesson 4: DOUBLE CROCHET: Using the yarn, we will make a swatch of double crochet.
Materials Needed for Lesson 4:
- Size H or I Crochet hook, scissors,
- 1 skein worsted weight yarn, (i.e. Red Heart Super Saver, Caron One Pound, Caron Simply Soft or Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice).
Lessons 5, 6, 7 & 8: STUDENT DRIVEN: Students (with help from teacher) will decide what type of project they would like to work on. Some projects can include a scarf, snood, granny squares, bag or basket or any other ideas students may have.
Materials Needed for Lessons 5, 6, 7 & 8: Appropriate sized hook, scissors, yarn needle, worsted weight yarn and project ideas/pattern.
There are no reviews yet.